Thursday, February 09, 2006

Long Pause....

I have not posted anything since before Christmas…I don’t know why. I am inspired by sight and through my reading on a daily basis..I rejoice and am thankful almost every minute I am awake…so why the long pause?

I feel very overwhelmed…there are so many things I want to learn..read…share. How do we have enough time on earth to really have the Grace and Power of God sink in? I have found myself recently reflecting on when and why I choose to follow Christ. It was about 7 years ago…and I tried to remember exactly what it was that made me think of Jesus. Then I realized it was fear. At 17 I had a overwhelming panic attack when I thought of death. Not anyone else’s death just mine…I was paralyzed with the fear that this life would end and where would my mind be…what happens to my thougnts..and my body..my spirit…my soul? This was no ordinary fear…it had a purpose. My mother at that time was already a Christian for about 10 years…and my father a thick headed Italian catholic who based all of his decisions and judgment on his own understanding. To skip a bunch of time and a few more panic attacks that I kept secretly to myself…I willingly and joyfully dedicated my life to Christ. I wasn’t the only one, my brother became a Christian at a different church he attended…but his story would take a whole other post. So God had revealed Himself to all of us and we accepted His invitation to follow Him…accept my dad.

Why does this all come to mind…2 years ago my dad started coming to church regularly every Sunday (by this time my parents have been separated for about 3 years…now divorced). I thought he was coming just to hear me sing in the worship team (and maybe at that time that was the only reason) but now of course, all in the magnificent timing of the Lord, his intentions have changed. My father for the first time last night shared with me that he wants to dedicate his life to Christ…this was astounding!! I have to be honest I have prayed for my father soo many times... but there was always that little thought of doubt that he could never have enough faith….but me of little faith how could I not realize that nothing is impossible with God.

So why tell this whole story… these recent occurrences have been amazing and have set my feet even firmer than before on our Solid Rock…Jesus. I thank Him for taking hold of my family…one by one…and each one in His own way which shows me His uniqueness. Maybe I share this so that a person that reads this ( if anyone does…lol) will stand firm and trust in the Lord because He can do all things….and we can do all things in Him. Do not give up on that person that you have been praying for…trust that God will move in them... because He will.

I will be posting more now… I think I am reading to many books at one time…it leaves my mind overwhelmed with thoughts and things to share….I would rather be reflecting on one thought at a time….maybe!

For God’s unique way,
J

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! about your Father...that is proof that "prayer changes all things," and that "God hears, and answers prayers" and yes...sharing that DID help someone keep the faith...I have someone I love dearly who is bound in alcohol, and more than once Ive almost wiped my hands clean, and walked away...I believe I shall hang around, and hang on for a while longer now...thank you. Take care, and God bless...Kat <3

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home