Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Disappointed....

"Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly. Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way."

I was reading last night and I had to read this verse about 7 times. God amazes me for putting everything we need in one Book. People disappoint people...even leaders/teachers disappoint people. But God does not. He IS consistent ALWAYS. And I thank Him for that. I pray for Him to make me consistent and help me be pure. I pray for consistency in my speech and in my life. I pray that my speech does not pollute my character and my witness. Let my speech be a reflection of my heart for Christ.

I was reminded again last night that i am not the one to judge. Although it comes natural to be critical...it is not my job. I was disappointed.. but as always God found His way in and helped me to refocus. He restores my thought process...its remarkable.

Satisfied in Him..

JM

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill Williams said...

i always enjoy reading your honest thoughts.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Bill Williams said...

one thought jacquie is that if i don't have a high standard for people then they are not as apt to disappoint me. an important principle to live by is, too high expectation brings about frustration. so i just love them, accept them and forgive them and that cuts down on my disappointment.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Thanks for your thought Bill. I think i do have high standards for Christians and even more for Christian leaders...i guess that was why i was more disappointed. I agree with you and i think that is something i should work on. So instead of disappointment being my first reaction..I would immediately accept and forgive them...just like Christ does for me. I think God has high standards for us and i often wonder if He is ever disappointed...

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home