Tuesday, April 07, 2009

More than a story...

One of the first songs I heard when i really learned about Christ was by Avalon called "Everything to me". This was during a turning point in my life where i made a choice. The choice was to give into a feeling I felt for a long time. It was time.

It was 1999 and I was already "part" of church and involved in ministry but i didn't truly understand why. I attended church and was a "good" person and convinced myself that was enough. My heart knew there was more but I was selfish and liked it that way. That year God took my heart and gently shook it...i heard his loving voice speak "it's time" and that was all it took. I willingly gave Him my WHOLE heart...cause He already had bits and pieces of it..and I choose to follow Him. I remember as a little girl loving Jesus and not even knowing why...my family was catholic and i couldn't understand at 10 yrs old why I loved this Man..the Man from the Story. But i loved Him so much. And even as a child i recognized that it was real love...like i had for my mom and dad...but i didn't understand it.

Many people have drastic conversions where they turn their back on drugs and alcohol...sex...and lies. Mine was pretty subtle...i was not in a very bad place. But i was NOT where God wanted me and that was all i needed to know.

This all came to my mind today as i was doing some reading..preparing my heart for the days a head...where we remember the unbearable price God paid...and the unbelievable Gift He gave us 3 days later. As I read it reminded me that this is More than a Story...and i want to share that with the world. It brought back the memory of the first song..the song that stopped me...literally..in my tracks and in that moment i knew...i could no longer deny the "STORY" and Jesus was so real to me and has been ever since.

I want to post the lyrics of this simple song...the song that made my heart acknowledge Him...which brought Him to tug on my heart and reveal so much to my blind eyes...which made me happily surrender.

Verse 1:
I grew up in Sunday School, I memorized the Golden Rule and how Jesus came to set the sinner free. I know the story inside out and I can tell you all about the path that led Him up to Calvary.
But ask my why He loves me and I don’t know what to say. But I’ll never be the same because He changed my life when He became.

chorus:
Everything to me He’s more than a story More than words on a page of history. He’s the air that I breathe, The water I thirst for and the ground beneath my feet He’s everything, everything to me.

Verse 2
We’re living in uncertain times and more and more I find that I’m aware of just how fragile life can be. I want to tell the world I found A love that turned my life around.. they need to know that they can taste and see.
Now every day I’m praying just to give my heart away. I want to live for Jesus so that someone else might see that He is...

chorus:
Everything to me He’s more than a story more than words on a page of history. He’s the air that I breathe the water I thirst for and the ground beneath my feet. He’s everything...everything to me.

Bridge:
And looking back over my life at the end I’ll go to meet you, saying you’ve been everything to me more than a story more than words on a page of history....


Lord, you ARE everything to me...thank you for all You have done for me.

JM

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill Williams said...

it really is more than a story but it is a story that can truely change our story and it is a story we need to share so other people's stories can be changed. great blog. and your story is great. thanks for sharing it!!! it really moved me.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Thanks Bill!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Marissa said...

I just saw this... very touching and so true.

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home