Wednesday, July 08, 2009

So many Psalms..so many translations!!!

"Lord, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty. I don’t concern myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp. Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself, like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk. Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, put your hope in the Lordnow and always."
Psalm 131 NLT

"I am not conceited, LORD, and I don't waste my time on impossible schemes. But I have learned to feel safe and satisfied, just like a young child on its mother's lap. "
Psalm 131 CEV

"God, I'm not trying to rule the roost, I don't want to be king of the mountain. I haven't meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans. I've kept my feet on the ground, I've cultivated a quiet heart. Like a baby content in its mother's arms, my soul is a baby content. Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always!"
Psalm 131 Message

God help me not criticize...my heart is not proud but humbled by Your mercy and grace. Your presence keeps me grounded. I do not want haughty eyes...break my heart for what breaks Yours. Desire and passion for You is built in me..You are part of each heart beat. Your teachings are new everyday...like a child I am content...my heart is humbled and quiet before You.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill Williams said...

i always love it when you post. you do good stuff, jacquie.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

Thanks Bill...i love different translations...i feel like each scripture when translated differenly comes with a new perspective that makes you think and reflect. More than if you just read one...so powerful!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

*differently...lol

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home