Thursday, April 13, 2006

Focus....

Trying to get thoughts together the past few weeks have been difficult…not in a bad way (if possible)! But I thing among all the “things” the one thing I have realized is I need more Jesus…I just can not get enough of Him…when I was little I could never understand when someone said I have a “hunger” for God. It’s as clear as day to me now. But can we ever truly satisfy it here on earth or will it take us to be dwelling with Him in heaven to be satisfied. I know that my relationship with Christ fills the emptiness in my heart and soul…but my hunger to Know Him and love Him is never satisfied. I always need more. I’m not complaining because this is obviously a good thing.. but lately my thoughts are a bit overwhelming…again not in a bad way... good thoughts can be overwhelming too! I was thinking... our souls are alive in Christ and with Easter so close…maybe our souls are flooded with joy because of the Resurrection that we humanly can not contain it. I was also thinking that if someone decides to read this they might think I am a complete wacko…ahh who cares it’s my soul talking not me!

I was listening to Casting Crowns CD Lifesong…and in one of the songs they say:
“The father gave His only Son..the Way the Truth the Life had come but there was no room for Him in the world He came to save…” and it really jumped out to me and I have listened to that part before but it touched my heart today. It gave me a peace (the kind that surpasses all understanding!!) just to know that He came willingly and full of love to save a world that He knew would reject Him…now that’s something to rejoice in!

Joyful for Jesus…
JD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home