Tuesday, May 09, 2006

"Trust"

Why on earth (literally) is this word abused and used so irresponsibly? Am I just naive to believe in the faithfulness of others…why do we take that meaningful word “trust” and destroy it? Yet the bible uses it with pride and confidence…but ahhh we are human and the flesh is weak..is that really a good reason…is that enough to justify betrayal? I think our flesh is as weak as we allow and believe it to be. But when we are weak …God is more present and powerful…why then are we still so easily led astray?

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
2 Corinthians 12: 9-11 (KJV)

Disappointed,
JD

BUT….and it’s a BIG but..
Oh Lord my savior…my forever friend I put all my faith, hope and love in You. I rely, depend and confide in You. You are my peace and the One I can count on. My confidence is in you Jesus…for your “trust” is worthy.


But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. Psalm 13: 4-6

The LORD is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28: 6-8

For the word of the LORD holds true, and everything he does is worthy of our trust.
Psalm 33:3-5

Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory."
Psalm 50:14-16

O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.
Psalm 62:7-9

It is better to trust the LORD than to put confidence in people. Psalm 118:7-9

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you! Trust in the LORD always,for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock. Isaiah 26:3-4

I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the darkness. John 12: 45-47

Let us go right into the presence of God, with true hearts fully trusting him. For our evil consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Hebrews 10:22-24

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home